The Reckoning - FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to I play?
Shoot the falling missiles () before they reach the ground to avert a nuclear holocaust and save the world. Type the letter on the missile to fire an interceptor at it. Once the entire raid of nukes is cleared you will will advance to the next level. The further you get in levels the faster the missiles will fall along with the number that are fired increasing.
What are the controls?
Keyboard: shoot interceptors.
Space Bar: fire "Special Weapon."
What are these blimps doing here?
Periodically a blimp will fly across the screen, destroying them will give you a "Special Weapon." To destroy them type their associated letter. There are three types of blimps:
Sooo... what does this "Special Weapon" do?
- - Letter will change over time.
- - Requires multiple hits to destroy.
- - Flys twice as fast.
When you fire one of these it will destroy all missiles on the screen.
This game is great! I can play it during meetings and it looks like I'm diligently taking notes!
This is too slow for me, I need more of a challenge!
Go to the "Settings" menu and select "Difficulty/Game Style". You can select the speed at which the missiles will fall.
What are the different ways that I can play?
There are two modes to select from:
Where do I set the game style?
- Progressive: As levels increase additional character sets will be added.
- User Select: Choose which character sets your like to play.
Go to the "Settings" menu and select "Difficulty/Game Style":
I'm hiding from the police but I really want to keep playing, how do I keep from blowing my cover?
- If you want to play "Progressive" mode, then set the "Game Type" accordingly, then select the highest character set to which you would like to be able to advance.
- If you want to play "User Select" mode, change the "Game Type" to "User-Select" and then check off the boxes for those sets you would like to play.
Go to the "Settings" menu and choose "Sound/Vibration", then uncheck the "Use Sound" box.
I'm from California and I keep taking cover under doorways, how do I turn off vibrations?
Go to the "Settings" menu and choose "Sound/Vibration", then uncheck the "Use Vibration" box.
Sometimes, no matter what I type, it tells me I'm hitting the wrong letter. What am I doing wrong?
It is possible that you have the shift or alt keys locked. Small icons will appear around the scoreboard to notify you what modifier keys are active:
Well that didn't help at all. What do I do now?
- - shift key is active.
- - shift key is active and locked.
- - alt key is active.
- - alt key is active and locked.
If this FAQ doesn't solve your problem our staff at Requiem Software Labs would be happy to answer your question directly. Please send an e-mail to software support detailing your problem.